IAU Mission Rules
IAU Missions Step by Step (for IAU Office use only)
- Fill in the IAU Mission Request Form
- Submit the IAU Mission Request Form for approval by the GS
- Agree with the person requiring the Mission on the travel details and book the tickets and hotel if it is the case
- Fill in the IAU Mission Reimbursement Form and confirm with the person involved in the Mission that the proposed reimbursement is correct
- Submit the IAU Mission Reimbursement Form for approval by the GS
- Prepare payment and request the GS authorisation of the payment.
Paris, 23 January 2019
RULES FOR THE REIMBURSEMENT OF IAU-MISSION EXPENSES
(Paris, 3_10_2018, revised at the Officers Meeting January 2019)
This guideline establishes common rules and reimbursement procedures for missions concerning IAU affairs.
- These rules shall apply to any individual (“the Traveller”) appointed by an IAU-official to participate in an IAU-associated meeting or event
- For any assignment involving travel, the expenses will be reimbursed on the basis of actual and reasonable incurred expenditure. No other expenses apart from those recognised in these rules will be reimbursed, except if prior approval is given by the IAU General Secretary.
- No reimbursement will be made if the participant has received or is entitled to any equivalent reimbursement from any other source for the same mission.
- Prior to the mission an IAU Mission Request Form must be completed and sent to the Head of Administration two months in advance. Any exemption to this must be duly justified.
- Travel expenses:
- The claim for the cost of transportation between the residence/place of work to the departure place and return
- Airfare (economy class) as booked directly by the Secretariat through the IAU contracted Travel Agency; otherwise this will be the reference amount for any reimbursement to be made, or
- Train ticket or
- Bus ticket;
- Public transport needed to reach the meeting place and return; taxi fare will only be reimbursed for a journey taking place between 20:00 and 07:00, or in duly justified circumstances.
Note: in case of air travel lasting more than 7 hours, IAU will reimburse an additional 15% over the cost of the economy class ticket in case the traveller has paid for an upgrade.
- Daily expenses:
- IAU-booked accommodation including breakfast or the value of the per diem for the country where the mission takes place, according to the daily allowance indicated by the Direction Generale des Finances Publique (DGFP);
- 17.5% of the per diem per consumed daily meal, according to the above above-mentioned DGFP value.
Step by Step procedure
- The Traveller fills in the IAU Mission Request Form including the travel details and submits it to the Head of Administration for approval by the General Secretary
- The Traveller requests the Head of Admnistration to book the tickets and hotel if it is the case
- After the trip, the Traveller fills in the IAU Mission Reimbursement Form and confirms with the Head of Administration that the proposed reimbursement is correct
- The Head of Administration prepares payment and request the General Secretary’s authorisation of the payment.
Paris, 23 January 2019
- IAU Missions Step by Step (pdf)
- IAU Missions Rules (pdf)
- IAU Missions Request Form (excel)
- IAU Missions Reimbursement Form (excel)